Oh, how I love this amazingly rich and creamy confection! It's like a vacation in my mouth! Storage tips: Room temperature: Place the fudge between sheets of wax paper and place in an airtight container. Store in a cool place for up to two weeks. Refrigerator: Place the fudge between sheets of wax paper and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. Freezer: Place the fudge between sheets of wax paper and then place in freezer bags. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 473.18 ml mini marshmallows
- 4.92 ml orange zest, finely zested
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml white chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml red food coloring
- candy, thermometer
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly grease it. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the foam subsides, stir in the evaporated milk, brown sugar, white sugar, marshmallows, orange zest and salt. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly. Continue boil and stir the mixture until it reaches soft ball stage on a candy thermometer (140 degrees), about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and vigorously whisk in the milk chocolate, white chocolate, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract and optional red food coloring. Continue to whisk the mixture until all of the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth. You may need to set the saucepan on the hot stove top again for a minute or so to aid in completely melting the chocolate chips.
- Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, pour the contents of the saucepan into the prepared baking dish. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve, cut the fudge into squares. There is no need to cut the fudge until you are ready to serve it.