1/2 Photos of Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan)
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These have to be one of the BEST cupcakes I've ever made!! The chocolate extract REALLY makes it, so it's worth finding. As well as the little hint of almond. For the frosting, I've actually used a little less powdered sugar and it was plenty sweet (1 1/2-3/4 cup)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with liners.
- 2Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- 3Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- 4Add the oil, food coloring, chocolate extract, Vanilla extract and almond extract to the curdled soy milk. Whisk well to combine.
- 5Make well in center of dry ingredients and gently fold wet ingredients into dry, mixing until large lumps disappear.
- 6Do not over mix, oryour cupcakes will turn out gummy - small lumps are okay.
- 7Fill cupcake liners about three-quarters full as these cupcakes will rise fairly high.
- 8Place in hot oven and bake 18-20 minutes until done, or until toothpick inserted in cetner comes out clean.
- 9Cool cupcakes in the pan for five mintues, and then transfer to a cooling rack or surface to cool completely.
- 10For frosting:.
- 11Using a hand mixer, cream together margarine and cream cheese until just combined, then whip in the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup batches.
- 12Scrape down the sides and mix until smooth and creamy.
- 13Mix in the vanilla.
- 14Keep tightly covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (1010 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan cream cheese