Prep 0 mins
Cook 19 mins
Light red velvet cupcakes - good enough for a wedding! Surprise in the center of the cupcake.
Make and share this Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (0.2 oz paste in flame red, amount to your own preference )
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (not imitation)
- 3 ounces seedless raspberry jam (for the filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift unsweetened cocoa powder into flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir red food coloring and vinegar into buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time until well blended. Add vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, alternate with buttermilk, just until smooth. Put a heaping tablespoon of batter in the bottom of each liner, make an indentation in the center ( with the back of a teaspoon) and add a teaspoon of jam. Add another heaping tablespoon of batter to cover up the jam.
- Bake approximately 19 minutes.
- Let cool and add your favorite frosting.