Light red velvet cupcakes - good enough for a wedding! Surprise in the center of the cupcake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (0.2 oz paste in flame red, amount to your own preference )
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (not imitation)
- 3 ounces seedless raspberry jam (for the filling)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degreees Fahrenheit.
- 2Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- 3Sift unsweetened cocoa powder into flour, add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Stir red food coloring and vinegar into buttermilk.
- 5In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time until well blended. Add vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, alternate with buttermilk, just until smooth. Put a heaping tablespoon of batter in the bottom of each liner, make an indentation in the center ( with the back of a teaspoon) and add a teaspoon of jam. Add another heaping tablespoon of batter to cover up the jam.
- 6Bake approximately 19 minutes.
- 7Let cool and add your favorite frosting.
Browse Our Top Wedding Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 123.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g