Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, moist, & light cupcakes!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & line cupcake pans with paper cups.
- 2) In a medium bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- 3) In separate bowl, beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- 4) Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- 5) Fill each cupcake cup 2/3 full with batter and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a pick comes clean.
- 6) Let the cupcakes cool completely and frost with your favourite vanilla or cream cheese frosting!
This very easy recipe yields the best cupcakes ever. They were so moist and good.
These are very light and moist! iv never had much luck with red velvet cakes until I found this recipe! I did use 1 ounce of the red food coloring.these are amazing! the ony recipe I use!