- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & line cupcake pans with paper cups.
- 2) In a medium bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- 3) In separate bowl, beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- 4) Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- 5) Fill each cupcake cup 2/3 full with batter and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a pick comes clean.
- 6) Let the cupcakes cool completely and frost with your favourite vanilla or cream cheese frosting!