Recipe by Chef mariajane
A sensational cupcake recipe, made with cream cheese filling - so delicious!!
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 125 g philadelphia brick cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 square baker's white chocolate, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 muffins blending food coloring into batter before spooning into prepared muffin cups. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in cool whip. Spoon 1 1/2 cups into small freezer resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small corner off bottom of bag. Poke hole in top of each cupcake with handle of wooden spoon. Insert tip of bag into hole to pipe about 1 tablespoon into each cupcake.
- Frost cupcakes wirh remaining frosting. Top with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.
- SUBSTITUTE: Prepare using Philadelphia Light Brick Cream Cheese and Cool Whip Light Whipped Topping.
- HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CURLS: Warm a square of Baker's baking chocolate by micorwaving it, unwrapped, on high, for a few seconds, or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the square steadily and draw a peeler slowly over flat bottom of square, allowing a thin layer of chocolate to curl as it is peeled off the bottom the the square to make long delicate curls. Use the same technique along the narrow side of the square to make short curls.