1/2 Photos of Red Velvet Cupcakes
11 hrs 30 mins
Kimmie Kooks's Note:
I made these using a mini cupcake pan and put them in egg grates. I took them to work and placed the egg cartons on easter grass with chocolate egg sprinkled around. They did not last very long
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line two standard-size muffin pans with baking cup liners.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the cake flour, salt, cocoa, and baking powder to combine.
- 4In a pitcher, whisk together the buttermilk, food coloring and vanilla until blended.
- 5In a standard mixer set on medium to medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minuted.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time. Beating until fully incorporated; scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl as necessary.
- 7Add the flour mixture in portions, alternating with the buttermilk mixture until smooth and just blended.
- 8In a cup combine the vinegar and baking soda, allow to fizz, then fold into the batter by hand.
- 9Working quickly divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan cups and place into the oven immediately.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes, then check center of the cupcakes with a toothpick. If you have a few crumbs clinging to the toothpick the cupcakes are done. If the toothpick comes out with more than a few crumbs, return to the oven for a minute or so, watching closely.
- 11Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Carefully lift each from the pan, and set on the wire rack.
- 12Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g