1/5 Photos of Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
Wow! These cookies pack both a tasty and visual punch! Their bright red color lends itself nicely to holiday cooking, and they couldn't get any easier to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix (any brand will do)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Mix all the cookie ingredients together. This will make a cookie dough.
- 2Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten down slightly (depending on the thickness you desire).
- 3Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.
- 4Cool and then frost (they're also good without the frosting).
- 5For the frosting, beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- 6Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.
- 7Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled, with the margarine.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (950 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red velvet cake mix