Wow! These cookies pack both a tasty and visual punch! Their bright red color lends itself nicely to holiday cooking, and they couldn't get any easier to make!
- Mix all the cookie ingredients together. This will make a cookie dough.
- Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten down slightly (depending on the thickness you desire).
- Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.
- Cool and then frost (they're also good without the frosting).
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Frosts one 13 × 9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts one 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Refrigerate any remaining frosting.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Add 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled, with the margarine.