Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I made this for a party the other day and it was amazing. got from duncan hines I am attaching the easy red velvet recipe link as its not my own now in the usa i know you can just buy red velvet cake mix, so thats a quick option as well
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- (a red velvet recipe) or use box.
- Baking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to directions.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl, stir.
- To assemble, place on cake layer on heat resistant serving plate. Spread with one cup whipped topping, then half of the pie filling mixture. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining pie filling mixture to within 1 1/2 inches of cake edge. Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping and sides. Garnish with sliced almonds.