1/2 Photos of Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Lynn in MA's Note:
These rich and decadent brownies are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8- or 9-inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease.
- 22. In a small heatproof bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high, stirring at 30 second intervals; set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- 33. In a large bowl, whisk together the 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and the red food coloring. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir until smooth (batter should be red). Add the flour and salt; stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- 44. Pour into prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer; set aside.
- 55. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. Drop in dollops onto prepared brownie batter in pan. Using a butter knife, gently swirl to create a marbled effect.
- 66. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies are set and the edges are lightly browned.
- 77. Cool in the pan on a rack completely before peeling off foil and cutting into squares.
- 8Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- 9NOTE: Brownies can be refrigerated, covered, for several days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g