Recipe by Chef David Marion(alton brown wannabe)
"A taste of heaven" is what most everyone that tries these cupcakes says.
- 16 chocolate cookies (I use girl scout thin mint cookies)
- 20 ounces light cream cheese (2 1/2 8oz packages)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place foil baking cups in a regular size muffin tin and put 1 cookie in the bottom of each cup.
- In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, add 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder until fluffly. Add the eggs 1 at a time, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and food coloring until well blended. Divide between the 16 cups evenly until mostly full.
- Bake @ 20 to 25 minutes until the centers are firm, allow to cool for @ 15 minutes and remove from muffin tin. Cover and refrigerate in foil cup for at least 1 hour. The centers will fall, so remove foil cup and put @ 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip in the middle just before serving.
- Keep any leftovers sealed in the refrigerator (Yeah Right!).