1/9 Photos of Red Velvet Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Cheri Lee's Note:
This recipe is from Sothern Living Magazine and was submitted by a reader from Columbia, So. Carolina. Those Carolinians know their red velvet cake! This is incredible!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml whole buttermilk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml distilled white vinegar
- 2 (56.69 g) bottle red food coloring
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2Beat 3 packages of cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed for 1 minute.
- 3Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined.
- 4Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm.
- 6Run a knife along outer edge of cheesecake.
- 7Turn oven off.
- 8Let the cheesecake stand in oven for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 10Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 11Beat 3 oz cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter at medium speed until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla beating until smooth.
- 12Spread evenly over top of chilled cheesecake.
- 13Remove sides of springform pan.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.5
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 77.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: