Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I sell Arbonne skincare and at one of my parties a client servedthis appetizer. I had to ask her for the recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!)
- Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.
I found this recipe on www.tasteandtellblog.com. Who knew you could make a cheeseball with a cake mix? I doubled this recipe, and this is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting!
This was such a hit - One thing to note is that a box of cake mix has 3 cups in it.