Recipe by Chef David Marion(alton brown wannabe)
Something new with a smooth, rich taste. A small piece goes a long way.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate graham crackers (crumbs)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 24 ounces light cream cheese (3 - 8 ounce packages)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 7 teaspoons vanilla
- 7 teaspoons red food coloring
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, take 1 sleeve chocolate graham crakers (@ 8 sheets) and crumble, add the 1/3 cup sugar and mix completely. Pour in 1/3 cup melted butter and combine until completely mixed. Press in the bottom of 9" spring form pan and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- When the crust has been removed from the oven, place the softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups of sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder until completely absorbed, then add the eggs 1 at a time until completely mixed in Add the 7 teaspoons of vanilla, and then add the 7 teaspoons of red food coloring, mixing on low until completely smooth and red.
- Pour mixture into springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for @ 45 minutes. Let cool unstovetop and then refrigerate overnight. Cover the top with cool whip, then cut 1 slice at a time with a thin sharp knife, starting in the middle down then out in one stroke. After each each cut place the knife in a glass on very warm water for a moment the wipe off with a towel then cut another slice from the opposite side. Repeat until you have 16 slices. Please enjoy this rich, decadent desert.