Recipe by AmyZoe
I'm not a chocolate fan, but when you add cream cheese and butter that changes everything. It's like eating frosting. Wowzer is this good. I made some extra balls to use the full cake mix, but I'll post the recipe as listed. Serving size is estimated. Recipe courtesy of www.tasteandtellblog.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- assorted crackers and cookie (Vanilla Wafers preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in the red velvet cake mix, powdered sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap (I skipped this step and just had in container in fridge). Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap.
- Roll in the chocolate chips. Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.