This cake is a favorite for birthdays or 4th of July cupcakes. Very easy to make as it starts with a German chocolate cake mix. Can be made as a 9 X 13, layer or cupcakes. If making a layer cake you will need to double or triple the frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- 3Combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, oil, vinegar, and water in large bowl. Beat on low for 1 minute.
- 4Stop beating and add food coloring. Then beat again for 2 minutes on high
- 5Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake about 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If making cupcakes bake for time directed on mix box.
- 7Let cool before frosting.
- 8Soften butter slightly.
- 9Put sugar in bowl of food processor and pulse a few times to sift.
- 10Cut cream cheese into pieces and add along with the butter and vanilla.
- 11Process until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g