1/1 Photo of Red Velvet Cake from the Bubble Room
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is the recipe for the fabulous red velvet cake from the famous Bubble Room in Captiva Island, Florida. People all over the world have dreams of this wonderful cake that they enjoyed while vacationing in Florida. Although there are many recipes for this famous cake, we think this is the best red velvet cake we've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup two 1 oz. bottles red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together all dry ingredients.
- 3Mix together all wet ingredients.
- 4While beating with an electric mixer, slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture. Beat for 5 minutes.
- 5Spray three 9"" cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Pour equal amounts of batter into each of the three pans.
- 7Bake 20 to 30 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
- 8Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 9Carefully remove layers from pans. Place layers on wire racks to cool completely.
- 10Make fosting by combining butter, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Beat until fluffy. If desired, add 1 1/2 cups pecans.
- 11Frost cake and decorate top with remaining 1/2 cup pecans if desired.
- 12Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving but it is best if made the day before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cake from the Bubble Room
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 469.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g