Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
ere is the tried and true recipe for red velvet--just use blue instead of red. The chef I learned this from was professionally trained and threw around the name Nick Malgieri as her teacher. Who knows. I do know it is good and it called a high ratio cake due to liquids vs flour. Dont let that scare you off if you have never heard of it . It is an EASY cake but BIG(tall) and it will NOT be dry
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 -9" cake pans (I use parchment paper).
- In a large bowl or stand mixer whisk together: flour, sugar, soda,salt, cocoa-set aside.
- combine together: oil, buttermilk,eggs, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla.
- combine wet to dry until smooth.
- bake 30-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes and finish cooling on a rack.
- frost with cream cheese icing.