Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a long time friend and has been handed down for generations in her family...hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 532.32 ml cake flour
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml red food coloring
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 large eggs
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Combine cocoa powder and red food coloring.
- Add cocoa/food coloring mixture to the butter, sugar & egg mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, but alternate adding in buttermilk at the same time.
- Pour vinegar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle baking soda into the vinegar.
- Pour vinegar mixture in with the batter.
- Pour batter into (2) round 9 inch pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost with icing of your choice.