1/2 Photos of Red Velvet Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
I was looking for a Red Velvet Cake that I could make in a bundt pan. I found this recipe from Southern Living magazine and gave it a try. It was GREAT! I did not use the glaze that was suggested because it did not compliment the cake. You can use any glaze you like if you don't like my idea. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 4Stir together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 5Stir in vanilla; stir in red food coloring.
- 6Use batter immediately, following baking directions for desired cake.
- 7Bake at 325° in 1 (12-cup) tube pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Bake at 325° in 3 (8- x 4-inch) loaf pans for 55 to 65 minutes. Bake at 325° in baby Bundt pans for 25 to 30 minutes. Bake at 350° in muffin pans 23 to 28 minutes.
- 8Spray pans with vegetable cooking spray with flour.
- 9Once cake is done and cooled, melt frosting slightly in microwave.
- 10Pour frosting onto cake allowing it to pool around the bottom of the cake.
- 11Decorate top of cake with chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.6
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g