Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on "Sixsistersstuff" blog and thought it looked really yummy. I haven't tried them yet!
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- For brownies:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine egg, butter, and water in a bowl. Add box mix. Stir until all ingredients are combined and lumps are gone. Add chips and 1 cup of nuts, and pour mixture into a greased 9 X 13" baking pan. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes and place the cake on wire cooling rack.
- For frosting:.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy and then beat in the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Allow the sugar to mix in before adding the next 1/2 cup. Once all of the sugar has been added, beat on medium speed for 30 seconds and scrape down sides of bowl. Add in the melted white chocolate and beat on medium speed until incorporated. With the mixer on low, add in heavy cream 1 TBSP at a time and beat at medium speed until the frosting has reached your desired consistency.