A bar version of the Red Velvet Cake. These red-hued brownies are topped with a delicious Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2Mix eggs, granulated sugar, sour cream, food coloring and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. Spread in prepared pan.
- 3Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 4Spread Chocolate Buttercream Frosting evenly over cooled brownie. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 24 squares.
- 5Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: Mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder in small bowl. Beat 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually add cocoa mixture alternately with 1 tablespoon milk, beating until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g