2 hrs 45 mins
These are the most delicious brownies and so sinfully rich, that I cut them in small squares about 1" x 1" and place them on Christmas cookie trays. The texture is a cross between a brownie and almost fudge-like consistancy. You won't be disappointed! Originally cut from a magazine (Paula Deen, I think).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, baking bar chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing 2-3 inches of foil to extend over sides. Spray with cooking spray.
- 2Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl on high 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- 3Whisk in sugar. Add eggs one at a time, whisking until each is just blended.
- 4Gently stir in flour and the next four ingredients.
- 5Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 44-48 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 6cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours).
- 7Lift brownies from the pan, using the foil as handles. Gently remove foil.
- 8Frost with the cream cheese frosting and cut into squares.
- 10Beat cream cheese and butter on medium until creamy.
- 11Add powdered sugar and salt. Add vanilla. Beat until blended.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 196.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g