Recipe by r_mess
I found this recipe in an old holiday cookie cookbook. I tried them for the first time today - hubby liked them - a little rich for me but my sweet meter isn't very high.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (19 1/4 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared cream cheese frosting
- red jimmie candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving 1-inch overhang. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute (mixture will be very thick). Add 1 cup pecans. Beat until just combined, about 15 seconds.
- Place brownie mixture in pan. Spray finger- tips with cooking spray. Pat batter gently down over entire pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- When completely cool, remove foil with brownies from pan. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly over brownie. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans, and red sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.