Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in an old holiday cookie cookbook. I tried them for the first time today - hubby liked them - a little rich for me but my sweet meter isn't very high.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving 1-inch overhang. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute (mixture will be very thick). Add 1 cup pecans. Beat until just combined, about 15 seconds.
- Place brownie mixture in pan. Spray finger- tips with cooking spray. Pat batter gently down over entire pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- When completely cool, remove foil with brownies from pan. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly over brownie. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans, and red sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Store covered in refrigerator.