Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Red Velvet Brownie Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 drops orange extract
- 5 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake tins.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and whisk is sugars, salt and extracts. Slowly add in the chocolate mixture and food coloring. Fold in the flour until just combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until shiny and beginning to crack on top. Cool in pan on rack and frost with whipped cream cheese frosting after cupcakes are cool.