1/1 Photo of Red Tomato Ketchup
I found this great recipe on a Quebec recipe site. When you have many red tomatoes and want to make something special this is it! You can enjoy this condiment with hamburgers, hot dogs, any meats etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch and peel tomatoes.
- 2Cut them in large chunks.
- 3Peel onions and apples.
- 4In processor pulse onions, celery, apples and peppers; do not pulverize them--leave them in approx 1/2-inch cubes.
- 5In large saucepan, stir everything together except the sugars.
- 6Cook medium low heat for 1 hour stirring now and then.
- 7Add sugars and continue cooking another 2 hours stirring now and then.
- 8Do not cover while cooking your ketchup!
- 9Pour into sterilized jars; wipe rim.
- 10Cover to seal.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Tomato Ketchup
Serving Size: 1 (6843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 413.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 73.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: