Big D Texas's Note:
The recipe for this came from a close friend of ours and we make it a LOT simply because we cannot find one that we like more. I posted it here exactly as the original recipe was written.I have asked her for the recipe at LEAST a dozen times, and now that it is out on the site I will be able to find it! The type of "leaf" does not matter. I usually make it with fresh spinach.......using a 16 oz bag. You can also sub chopped macademia nuts, for the sesame seeds. Some times I throw in some crumbled Feta cheese too! The oranges really make it look pretty!
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spinach (or head of red tipped leaf lettuce)
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit this salt)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (I just use this salt)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 (11 ounce) can chilled mandarin oranges
- 1Mix all of he ingredients except the stuff you will put on top at the end,.
- 2Pour dressing, seeds and fruit over the lettuce just before serving and toss. Do not put the dressing on the salad until just before you serve it because it will wilt!
- 3IMPORTANT NOTE: ALTHOUGH the original recipe here calls for both celery salt AND regular salt, it is too much. Unless you really like salt, just use the celery salt amount!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Tipped Leaf Lettuce Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.3
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: