Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oliver is so pleased with this recipe for his red chicken curry I am obliged to boast about it on his behalf hence the publication! It is spicy but tasty, Perfect for a cool winter evening! Serve on hot steamed Jasmin rice and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy!
- Remove all excess fat from chicken thighs.
- Dice chicken into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Peel pumpkin, dice into 2X3 cm pieces.
- Wash beans, cut off tail ends.
- Cut beans into 4-5cm pieces (typically just halve them).
- Heat oil in wok then add the curry paste and shallots, cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, stir in fish sauce, stir-fry until just starts to be tender. You may add a little water, but you'll find that the chicken pieces release enough water to cook them.
- Chicken should be half cooked when you add the pumpkin pieces and 100 ml water. Simmer for 5 minutes covered, add green beans. Simmer for a further five minutes. Make sure neither the pumpkin, nor the beans become too soft. The beans should stay slightly crunchy.
- Stir in and coconut milk/cream. Raise heat until just to boil. Simmer uncovered until the mixture is heated through.
- Shred Coriander leaves -- place some on the surface of the red curry, save the rest for garnish on serving.