Recipe by Oliver
I am very pleased with this recipe and is one of my favourite dishes, hence the publication! It is spicy and tasty, Perfect for a cool winter evening or a hot summer night! Serve on hot steamed Jasmin rice and garnish with lots of coriander leaves. Enjoy!
- 1 kg lean filleted and deboned chicken thigh
- 750 g yellow butternut pumpkin
- 250 g round green beans
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 green shallots, chopped (green onions)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 300 -400 ml coconut milk or 300 -400 ml cream
- 80 g red curry paste
- 100 ml water
- at least 4 fresh stems coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all excess fat from chicken thighs.
- Dice chicken into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Peel pumpkin, dice into 2X3 cm pieces.
- Wash beans, cut off tail ends.
- Cut beans into 4-5cm pieces (typically just halve them).
- Heat oil in wok then add the curry paste and shallots, cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chicken, stir in fish sauce, stir-fry until just starts to be tender. You may add a little water, but you'll find that the chicken pieces release enough water to cook them.
- Chicken should be nearly cooked when you add the pumpkin pieces and 100 ml water. Simmer for 3-5 minutes covered, then add green beans. Simmer for a further five minutes. Make sure neither the pumpkin, nor the beans become too soft. The beans should stay slightly crunchy.
- Stir in and coconut milk/cream. Raise heat until just to boil. Simmer uncovered until the mixture is heated through.
- Shred some coriander leaves -- place some on the surface of the red curry, save the rest for garnish on serving.