Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A red thai curry with some of my favorite veggies. You can also change the veggies according to your tastes -- mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, peppers are also yummy. Pair it with thai rice (only take about 20 minutes to make).
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (red thai)
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup bamboo shoot (canned)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion
- Thai basil (to taste, chopped)
- Cook chicken in frying pan, use a little olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- Add garlic and onion to chicken, cook to where onions are translucent and garlic becomes fragrant (don't let it burn!).
- Once done, move chicken to bowl and set aside.
- Set heat to low-medium.
- Place curry powder in pan and add in a small amount of coconut milk (slowly) till you make a paste.
- Add the chicken back to pan and coat with paste.
- Next slowly keep adding coconut milk to the pan and mixing.
- Add in drained bamboo, snap peas and thai basil.
- Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve with thai rice.