Here is a yummy red Thai curry recipe, it is also good made with lamb. I used Thai Kitchen brand, red curry paste. I do have a recipe for making your own from scratch which is great, and you can store the paste for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. As I didn't have any on hand I used a store bought one to save time and I have to say Thai Kitchen does do a good paste.
- 1 kg chuck (I am blessed because were I live the expensive cut, beef fillet is so cheap, so I make all my beef r) or 1 kg rump steak, chopped (I am blessed because were I live the expensive cut, beef fillet is so cheap, so I make all my beef r)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules, concentrate (cube, powder, paste etc..)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, Chopped
- Heat half the oil in a large fry pan and cook beef in batches until browned all over, set to one side and wipe pan clean.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, cook onion and garlic until onion softens, add ginger, lemon grass and paste cook until fragrant. Return beef to pan with water, stock, sugar and coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 45 Minutes or until beef is tender.
- Finally add the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut cream and coriander, cook stirring until heated through.
- Serve with Thai fragrant rice such as Jasmine.