1/4 Photos of Red Thai Beef Curry
2 hrs 20 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is a yummy red Thai curry recipe, it is also good made with lamb. I used Thai Kitchen brand, red curry paste. I do have a recipe for making your own from scratch which is great, and you can store the paste for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. As I didn't have any on hand I used a store bought one to save time and I have to say Thai Kitchen does do a good paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chuck (I am blessed because were I live the expensive cut, beef fillet is so cheap, so I make all my beef r) or 1 kg rump steak, chopped (I am blessed because were I live the expensive cut, beef fillet is so cheap, so I make all my beef r)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules, concentrate (cube, powder, paste etc..)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, Chopped
- 1Heat half the oil in a large fry pan and cook beef in batches until browned all over, set to one side and wipe pan clean.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, cook onion and garlic until onion softens, add ginger, lemon grass and paste cook until fragrant. Return beef to pan with water, stock, sugar and coconut milk.
- 3Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 45 Minutes or until beef is tender.
- 4Finally add the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut cream and coriander, cook stirring until heated through.
- 5Serve with Thai fragrant rice such as Jasmine.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Thai Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 946.7
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste