Recipe by Zurie
Serve this on a plate with good blue cheese and perhaps a smoked cheese, with toasted baguette slices or veggies or savoury biscuits. It's meant to go with wine, so ... you know what to do!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This really was a nice tangy spread, although it really wasn't the consistency of a pate. I didn't even add any extra oil. However, the flavor was delightful and unique. I also discovered that it tastes absolutely wonderful on some garlic bread! It does make a lot, so be sure to enjoy it for a day or two!
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 7 ounces sweet red peppers, bottled, roasted if possible
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, pressed in firmly
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing, tangy
Directions See How It's Made
- Make this a day ahead as the flavour needs to develop.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a processor.
- Add the vinaigrette, and pulse -- on-off -- to process until roughly mixed.
- Add JUST enough olive oil in a thin stream, while processing further, until paté has a rough texture. You may need less than 1/4 cup: it will depend on the other ingredients. Do not process too much.
- Taste: you might want to add salt or seasoning salt.
- Turn into a bowl, cover with clingfilm, and keep in fridge overnight.
- Serve with cheeses and breads as suggested.