Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Family Circle Cookbook, an Italian dish in origin. Gobbled up by everyone! I made it a little different then written, by getting frozen bags of fruit not in syrup and making up the difference with stawberry and raspberry jam, maybe 1 to 2 tablespoons each. I was told I should continue making it this way.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in light syrup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pour strawberries with their syrup (or jam) into food processor or blender. Whirl until smooth puree and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add raspberries with their syrup (or jam) into food processor or blender. Whirl until smooth. Push raspberry puree through fine-meshed sieve into strawberry mixture; discard seeds. (I didn't do this and nobody noticed- saved a good deal of time!) Add vanilla.
- Beat cream in medium-size bowl until foamy. Gradually beat in honey until soft peaks form. Gently fold into fruit mixture.
- Pour into eight unlined 4 ounce or four unlined 8 ounce ramekins.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours for small ramekins and 4 hours for large ramekins.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving or until softened.