Recipe by abbydabby
This is a dish I threw together one night (actually, I was on bed rest in the last weeks of my 1st pregnancy). We loved this dish so much - it was a huge hit. It's a basic spaghetti dish, but dressed up just a bit...definitely beats eating spaghetti with standard jarred sauce. My husband added crushed red pepper to his portion - I'm not a fan of red pepper - but he really loved it.
Top Review by linguinelisa
Sorry, I really didn't care for this recipe. I thought the tomato paste made the sauce too thick and the white wine vinegar made it too tart. I tried adding a couple of teaspoons of sugar but it didn't help. I also added some ground beef to the recipe. If you like a thick, tart spaghetti sauce you would probably like it.
- 1 (1 lb) box spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce (any flavor will work, we used a sweet pepper variety)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a pot of water, bring to a boil, add spaghetti (I usually break the spaghetti in 1/2 before boiling - makes it easier to eat).
- Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In the pot used to cook the pasta, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta to sause mixture and stir very well - make sure pasta is all well coated with sauce.
- When serving, add extra parmesan topping, if desired.