1/2 Photos of Red Snapper With Tomato-Saffron Vinaigrette
GG #3's Note:
Delicious fish dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 4 garlic cloves (3 smashed, 1 minced)
- 1 tablespoon spinach (chopped)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1 small shallot
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (canned)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1Broil the snapper if you wish. I prefer to pan broil them in a heavy non-stick pan.
- 2First, rub salt and freshly ground pepper into the surface of the fish.
- 3Add a film of oil to the pan and set over medium high heat.
- 4Cook the fillets until done, about 3-5 minutes on each side, according to the thickness of the fish.
- 5When done, remove to serving a plate and keep warm.
- 6Heat the oil in a small skillet.
- 7Add the saffron and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 8Add the shallot and minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 9Add the tomatoes and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- 10Add the chicken broth and cook just until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes longer.
- 11Remove from the heat.
- 12Add the vinegar and chopped parsley and season with pepper.
- 13Spoon the tomato vinaigrette sauce on the fish and serve.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Snapper With Tomato-Saffron Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 60.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar