Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick sauce to serve over fish steaks; if you prefer grilled fish, you may want to leave out the dredging.
- 2 red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Dredge fish in flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper, and pan fry in oil.
- Melt butter and combine with concentrate, chili, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over fish, garnish with parsley, and serve.
The sauce was really good - but I discovered that I do not like snapper. But that has nothing to do with the rest of the recipe, which was great. If you're not used to spices, like me, you might want to not put as much pepper and chili powder in, I found it quite spicy. I think I'll try it again with another sort of fish.