Recipe by Emur80
Looking for a new twist to grilling Snapper? This glaze is a tangy mix of citrus, sweet, spicey and salty. I serve it with fried rice and asparagus. Yum!
- 2 -4 red snapper fillets
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a zester or hand-held cheese grater, zest the oustide of the orange and set aside zest. Peel the orange by cutting off the skin. Then segment the orange and set aside segments.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil, 1 tsp black pepper, red pepper, 1/2 tbsp orange zest (from the skin of the orange), honey, chopped cilantro and orange juice.
- Pour mixture over fish and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Place fillets on a medium heat grill, reserving the left-over marinade. Grill fillets on each side for 2-3 minutes depending on thickeness of the fillets.
- In a separate pan, pour in remaining marinade and add orange segments. Reduce over medium high to high heat until thick and bubbly.
- Remove fish from grill and top with the reduced marinade sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.