Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although many microwaved dishes come out bland, this one turns out quite well due to the marinade. Even I, a non fish lover, thought this was pretty good
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb red snapper fillet
- Microwave sesame seeds on high about 1 minute.
- Mix oil, soy, vinegar, ginger, garlic& cayenne.
- Marinade filets in mixture 10-15 minutes .
- Arrange filets on plate with thick side out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and vent in two places.
- Microwave on high 4-5 minutes until thickest portion is just opaque.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Flavour was fantastic! I preferred to steam the fish instead of microwaving but that was just a personal preference.
We used only the marinade portion of this recipe in order to make Recipe #241227. This is a wonderful marinade! The only thing we did different was to use peanut oil in lieu of the sesame oil. A definite keeper, thanks for posting! :)
We loved this really gingery red snapper with a little bite. Lots of flavour, we will be making this one again. Thanks Tebo for another keeper!!