Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes a generous 2 servings. Place the cooked fish on a bed of white or brown rice and spoon the wonderful carrot sauce on top. I like to use tilapia but use your choice of mild fish. Adapted from Food and Wine's One Dish Meals.
- In a medium saucepan bring carrots, garlic and broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, until carrots are very tender.
- Puree this mixture with a stick blender, food processor or regular blender; return to pot.
- Add milk, fish sauce, curry paste and brown sugar and bring to a simmer, then add salt to taste.
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add fish, skin side down if there is a skin.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then turn over and cook until fish is just done.
- Cook time will vary according to the thickness of the fish.
- Mound cooked rice on plate, top with fish and then sauce.
- Sprinkle with cilantro to garnish.