Recipe by sutee
This is a wonderfully tasty recipe. Of course, it is best with very fresh fish. I always get raves when I serve this.
- 4 (6 ounce) filets red snapper (or talipia)
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided use)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons crushed black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt fish filets and let stand 15 minutes.
- Dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt 1 Tbs.
- butter with 1 Tbs.
- olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to brown put fish in and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add shallots and pepper to skillet and cook 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomato and stir until mixture comes to a boil, then add red wine vinegar.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Pour cognac over and ignite.
- When flames die out add 1 Tbs.
- butter and parsley.
- Pour over fish and serve immediately.