Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different, wonderful flavor for a firm, white fish. You can use red snapper, grouper or trigger fish. The mango salsa is excellent with chicken as well.
- 453.59 g fresh red snapper
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper
- 59.14 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml lime peel, finely shredded
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Cut fish into 4 serving size portions. Measure the thickness of the fish. Brush with a mixture of 1 tbsp lime juice and water.
- In a bowl, combine paprika, salt, ginger, allspice and pepper. Rub onto fish.
- Arrange fish in a shallow baking pan. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees until fish flakes easitly when tested with a fork. Allow 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness.
- To serve, brush fish with pan juices and serve with mango salsa and garnish with lime slices.
- Mango Salsa:.
- Combine mango, 1 red bell pepper, green onions, hot chili pepper, olive oil, 2 tbsp lime juice, vinegar, lime peel, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
Great recipe, I served it with mashed potatoes. I left out the green chili peper and the mango salsa was still really good.
Very nice! Made this with fresh caught Red Snapper, called Pargo here. Instead of the hot chile and the vinegar, I used a chile and the liquid from Recipe#504105. Yummy! I really liked the spice rub and will be using it often. The only change I'll make in the future is to pan fry the fish - we would have liked it better with a crisp top! Thanks so much for posting a keeper of a recipe!
Made this exactly as suggested, and added fried banana to serve. Really crisp, tangy salsa and overall a really lush meal! Next time I make it I'll probably add a pinch of cayenne or chilli powder to the spice rub to give the fish a little more kick.