Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicate fish in a sweet, spicy curry, with a rich coconut base.
- 1 large fingerling potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 14 ounces red snapper, cut in 1 x 1 chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1 green mango, thinly sliced
- 3 red jalapeno chiles, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lime
- 12 mint leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the salt, potato, and turmeric. Reduce to a simmer. After ten minutes, remove and strain.
- In a wok, over medium heat, simmer the coconut cream for five minutes, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the chipotle puree and stir until fragrant, one to two minutes.
- Add the palm sugar and fish sauce, cook for two minutes, or until it darkens.
- Add the fish, coating the pieces in the curry.
- Slowly incorporate the coconut milk.
- Gently stir in the strained potato, red jalapenos, mango, avocado, eight of the mint leaves, and squeeze the juice of the lime into the curry.
- Cook for two minutes until it's done.
- Serve over rice, and garnish with the remaining mint leaves.