Delicate fish in a sweet, spicy curry, with a rich coconut base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large fingerling potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 14 ounces red snapper, cut in 1 x 1 chunks
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 green mango, thinly sliced
- 3 red jalapeno chiles, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime
- 12 mint leaves
- 1Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the salt, potato, and turmeric. Reduce to a simmer. After ten minutes, remove and strain.
- 2In a wok, over medium heat, simmer the coconut cream for five minutes, taking care not to burn it.
- 3Add the chipotle puree and stir until fragrant, one to two minutes.
- 4Add the palm sugar and fish sauce, cook for two minutes, or until it darkens.
- 5Add the fish, coating the pieces in the curry.
- 6Slowly incorporate the coconut milk.
- 7Gently stir in the strained potato, red jalapenos, mango, avocado, eight of the mint leaves, and squeeze the juice of the lime into the curry.
- 8Cook for two minutes until it's done.
- 9Serve over rice, and garnish with the remaining mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Snapper With Mango Chipotle Curry
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.7
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 794.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: