Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 3 lbs red snapper fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- Roll the fish lightly in flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet; cook fish until brown on both sides (3 minutes per side).
- Remove fish to platter and keep warm.
- To skillet add butter and lemon; allow to simmer 1 minute.
- Pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was so delicious. Thanks Inez for another simple is better recipe. The lemon butter sauce over the pan-seered red snapper was just fabulous. Couldn't have been any easier. My family and I loved this. ;)
Just like the stars state...perfect! Guess I could use a wee bit less butter for the final stage each time I make it. BUT, this is the fish that your remember in your best restaurants. I did add almonds to the final stage of browning the snapper and it was a wonderful thing!
Boy, am I glad I found this recipe! We were given a large amount of snapper that had to be fixed fast. This was PERFECT! Sooo quick and easy, the kids 'snapped' it up, and even the person who gave us the snapper (our bene'fish'iary??!) said it was the only fish dinner they'd ever actually liked. We had it three times that week, trying to use up all the snapper, and dh and the kids raved about it every time!