Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A simple snapper recipe, but delicious. from Mexican,Healthy way witha favourite cusine.
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 4 red snapper fillets
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice of
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- warm wheat flour tortilla, to serve
- preheat oven to 275f degrees.
- Spread out the flour in a shallow dish and add seasoning.
- Dry the fish fillets with kitchen paper, then coat each fillet in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan.
- Add the snapper fillets in batches if necessary, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the fillets over carefully and cook the other side until golden.
- Using a fish slice, carefully transfer the fillets to a shallow dish and keep them warm in the oven.
- Add the almonds to the fat remaining and fry them for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the lime rind, juice and coriander to the almonds in the frying pan and stir well.
- Heat through for 1 to 2 minutes, then pour the mixture over the fish.
- Serve with warm wheat flour tortillas.