Recipe by chia
this is a really tasty fish dinner that i did eat in mexico. courtesy of bon appetit
Top Review by Kikimony
Very simple, yet tasty, dish! The ingredients didn't list raisins and so I left them out. I used Redfish (not sure if it is the same?). My DH loves tomato dishes and he really enjoyed this alot, and so did I!
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 6 red snapper fillets
- slivered almonds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- using your hands crush the tomatoes.
- add olive oil to skillet, saute onions and garlic until softened.
- add tomatoes and spices and simmer until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- add olives, raisins, capers and simmer 10 minutes more.
- preheat oven to 425.
- in a glass baking dish spoon sauce over bottom.
- add snapper fillets and top with remaining sauce.
- bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- remove, garnish with almonds.