Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A little something extra for that unexpected pleasant surprise.
- 4 lbs red snapper
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped fine
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat
- 12 ounces shrimp
- 3 slices bread, soaked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 10 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 pint white wine
- salt and pepper
- Split fish and remove bone. Sauté about 30 minutes the green onions,.
- garlic, parsley, crabmeat, shrimp and bread squeezed out in water.
- Stuff into red snapper, season, and bake 1 hour, basting often.
- Place on a platter, garnish with lemon and parsley.
- (For Sauce): Sauté green onions, mushrooms, and shrimp in butter, add wine, stir well, and season to taste.
- Pour some of this sauce over fish and serve the remainder in a gravy boat.