Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is a wonderful dish and a great twist serving red snapper. If you like to entertaining, the presentation is eye popping with all the nice color being exhibited when served.
- 113.39-170.09 g red snapper fillets, bonned and skinned
- 2 small onions, julienned
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 453.59 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 59.14 ml pitted black olives
- 0.59 ml chili pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 0.59 ml sea salt
- In a large frying pan saute' the julienned onions in the olive oil on medium to medium high heat 1 minute.Add the snapper and cook 2 minutes or until slightly browned. Turn and brown the other side 2 minutes.
- Add the wine,tomatoesand half of the pepper flakes. Slice the olives in half and add to the skillet.Season with salt to taste and simmer 10 minutes basting the fish as it cooks.
- Chop the parsley and add it. Squeezing the halfed lemon over the fish and simmer 1 minute, spoon sauce over the red snapper and serve.
wow this was the best we've had in a long time! The combination of ingredients was soo flavourful. Very quick to put together , hard to believe such a quick supper can be soooo tasty!! Thanks for posting I will be making this one often!!
This is delicious! The only change I might make is to chop my onions instead of julienne cut.....just to make it easier to eat. So beautiful, delicious, and easy. Thanks for sharing.