Recipe by bayousong
This is a little different and we really like it. It is very quick and easy to make. Any fish may be used. I have only tried this with fresh herbs from the garden.
Top Review by mybirdzone
I make a dish similar to this on another site except it does not add the Worcestershire sauce. This dish was okay but it had too much tang to it as if I had used Miracle Whip salad dressing instead of Hellmans. We ate it but this was not a dish I would make again. Instead, I will use the other tried and true recipe of broiled tilapia parmesan. If I were to make this particular recipe again I would omit the Worcestershire sauce. FYI, I used fresh herbs but the tang overpowered them.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, Hellmans
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Add sliced onion and top with the red snapper.
- Combine mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, paprika and salt.
- Spread over snapper and sprinkle to taste with oregano and parsley.
- NOTE: This is also great with a mixture of fresh herbs: parsley, thyme, oregano and sage or whatever your favorites are.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve immediately.