I grilled this on lemon slices onion slices and fresh herbs. Some of the herbs will burn discard them.
- Season the inside and outside of the fish by rubbing in the garlic,and sprinkling on salt and pepper.
- Place some herbs and garlic inside of fish.
- Brush the surface of the hot grill with olive oil.
- Place onions, some herbs and lemon slices on grill.
- Place fish on top of lemons and onions.
- Close grill top.
- Cook for about 10 minutes then carefully remove fish to platter then flip onions and lemons place other side of fish on lemons and onions and cook for 10 more minutes to desired doneness.
just did this with one big filet and it turned out great. We used the grilled lemon to squeeze on the fish for extra flavor too. Thanks for the recipe.
Great recipe for red snapper. I used fillets, as I couldn't find a whole fish. Cooked it in the oven instead of grilling. Placed fillets on foil in pan on onion & lemon slices topped with fresh herbs, garlic, salt & pepper. Baked for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven. It turned out great, very tasty and moist. Thank you Rita, for another delicious recipe.