Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Half recipe for one serving. Any white fish can be used. Serve it on a bed of wilted spinach and a cup of tomato flavoured brown rice.
- 3⁄4 lb red snapper fillets or 3⁄4 lb sole fillet
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (I use wheat germ) or 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (I use wheat germ)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Dip fillets in milk and the coat with bread crumbs or wheat germ which have been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in frypan over medium high heat.
- Saute fillets in butter until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove fish to a heated serving plate.
- Saute almonds in pan drippings and spoon over fish.
Yummy!!! I used panko bread crumbs and it came out nice and crispy using the bread crumbs and the sliced almonds. You just need to use double the amount of butter because the bread crumbs will absorb it. Quick easy and yummy! I will make it again!