1/1 Photo of Red Snapper Fillets In Packages With Tomatoes, Olives & Capers
I have made these the day before and refrigerated until dinner the net night. Remove from fridge about an hour before baking and LF.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into twelve 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 6 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets, skinned and cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup imported black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 6 pinches dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Cut twelve 12-inch squares of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- 3Set a square on the work surface so one corner points toward you.
- 4Below the imaginary midline that divides the square into two triangles, place a slice of tomato and a small amount of shallot; top with a piece of fish, a portion of the olives and capers, some salt and pepper, and a pinch of thyme.
- 5Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and a few drops of oil.
- 6Fold the triangle top down over the fish.
- 7Seal the packages by firmly folding over the edges three times and place the package in a large baking dish.
- 8Repeat with the remaining squares and ingredients.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan in the oven after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- 10Carefully open one package; the fish should be opaque in the center.
- 11If it is not, reseal the package and bake the fish about 5 minutes longer.
- 12Serve 2 packages per person, allowing each diner to open his or her own at the table.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Snapper Fillets In Packages With Tomatoes, Olives & Capers
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 284.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 45.8 g